Thursday, February 1, 2007

Super Bowl 41 Prediction

Both Chicago and Indy stuck it to me in the Playoffs. I twice picked against Chicago against my better judgment, firt I picked my Seattle Seahawks, who to their credit were only five yards or so away from winning, second I picked the Saints, in what I will admit was a terible pick, and I whent with my heart and not my gut or head. Indy on the other hand came as a complete suprise to me I did pick them against Kansas City who was a popular upset pick, but I thought they had no chance against Baltimore, but Baltimore had other plans and put up the worst offensive game in the Playoffs. Next game I figured that Indy had just lucked out and I picked against them since they were facing a team who had just knocked off the #1 team in football, and had the Colts number, all seemed well for a while until Manning was able to lead the Colts back, and thus making me look like a fool in my Playoff Predictions.

On to the game, there are reasons to pick both teams, the Colts won in the better confrence, while the Bears have the better defense on paper, and Grossman has out played Manning so far in the Playoffs. As far as momentum goes the Colts have won three playoff games in the AFC, but loss four of their last seven during the regular season. The Bears have won all but one game since December, but have only two impressive wins during that span (St.Louis and New Orleans). During the playoffs the two teams have swaped roles Indy has been the better team on Defense while Chicago has been the better team on Offense.

In Super Bowl 41 I pick Indianapolis over Chicago. The good news for Chicago fans is this probably means that they will win. Indeed Chicago stands a much better chance than most in the national media give them. I chose Indy because I feel that they have had a tougher road to the Super Bowl.Although both teams have deminstrated that they could lose to anybody.

No comments: