Thursday, February 7, 2008

Obama for President

With the Washington caucuses coming up on Saturday and the Democratic nomination still up for grabs, I think it is finnaly time to declare my support for someone. I have held off until now since at the begining of the race I twice supported candidates without careful enough thought (Even Bayh and Bill Richardson). I love experience (I may still vote McCain in the General) and while Clinton has the edge in that catagorie, and I think Clinton would probably be a better President at least at the begining than Obama, for the sake of party unity I must chose Obama. I don't care that conservatives, or even many independents don't like Clinton what scares me is the hatred in which many democratic voters feel for Clinton, and if we are divided we would be handing the white house over to the Republicans. Ifeel the stakes are too big to do that. Clinton and Obama are similar enough on the issues, that it is a wash. So who to vote for goes down to experience (favored Clinton) and electability (favored Obama). At this point Obama's electability outweighs Clinton's experience.

Obama 08

No comments: